Professional Translators: Who are They?
A translator is a person who translates from one language into another, who can “express the sense of words or text in another language“. Translators who do this as a profession, having obtained certain qualifications, can be considered to be Professional Translators.
Who is Qualified to be a Professional Translator?
A Professional Translator‘s career usually begins with through the awarding of an official degree or diploma for translation and interpreting studies. An understanding of the profession, as well as solid knowledge about translation and the chosen working languages are essential and strictly necessary. Translators can also chose – and often do so – to specialize in one or several fields and areas of expertise, thus offering better quality and precision: Some examples of specialized translations are: engineering, financial, legal, medical, scientific, technical…
Experience is, of course, another one of the elements which vouch for these language specialists. Most importantly, a professional translator is aware of the changes and advances currently being made both in the Translation field and his/ her area of specialization or expertise, keeping up to date in order to continue learning.
Advantages of Working with a LSP
Language Services Providers and Translation Agencies offer a more advanced system of quality control and document & content management. LSP’s and agencies can be certified by Quality assurance standards, thus offering a quality service guarantee, and tend to have more advanced software and management systems: this allows them to deal with larger, more complex projects in an efficient and satisfactory way.
Deltatext has almost two decades of experience in providing quality translation services and language solutions. Our clients have access to a network of qualified, professional translators worldwide, facilitating the localization process and allowing us to offer services anywhere in the world. At Deltatext we have the necessary tools, experience, and expertise to manage large projects and extract, prepare and maintain terminology resources.
What makes us different?
- Our own Terminology and Document Management Software.
- Online collaborative translation platform, to streamline the translation, revision and editing processes.
- Clients can interact with project managers, translators, revisers, etc. in real time.
- Glossary and Translation Memory Management
- Tried and tested system of urgent translations.
- Qualified team of translators with experience in a variety of sectors and specialized fields.
- Periodic meetings with our clients for quality control.
- Managed by both engineers and linguists.
- Have been awarded ISO 9001 and UNE-EN 15038
to request a quote or call us now on and receive a special discount.